4.09.2009

I've Been Tagged!


(yes random...but these are a few of my favorite things...it's my new desktop :)

I’ve been tagged by awesome Esther from Rhapsody in Boots


What is your current obsession?

Black and white photography, Short Filmmaking (like fashion commercials- Bruno Aveillan is incredible!), Pop Art , Collages, Europe travel and Art History


What is your weirdest obsession?

I’m in love with the moon, and I’m falling for dark fantasy. Maybe I shouldn’t have shared that…

What are you wearing today?

Just getting over the stomach flu, so I’m pretty lazy in jeans and a white t-shirt that says “when I said I liked you, I was “Lion” (with a picture of a lion, cheesy but it works )

What’s for dinner today?
Hmm… food right now makes my stomach bubble so I’ve been getting through the day with two granny smith apples and a handful of grapes, maybe I’ll attempt pizza.

Why is today special?
Because I’m alive and sore from yoga and kickboxing with my editors yesterday…somehow that’s significant. It’s also Thursday of my Spring Break and tomorrow, I get to job-shadow the associate editor of a magazine in Atlanta…super excited!

What would you like to learn to do?
Play piano and guitar because I write songs but have no singing skills. And learn to rock Photoshop.

What’s the last thing you bought?

A ticket for the train -in Atlanta, it’s called ‘MARTA’ but everywhere else it’s the Metro, I go downtown a lot because I write for a teen newspaper called VOX and my parents refuse to drive to the city 3 times a week in Atlanta traffic

What are you listening to right now?
My baby sister cry, she thinks someone ate her cookies but she already ate them. But otherwise “Faith” by Bittersweet, it’s so sultry

What is your favorite weather?

Thunderstorms! They help me think, lazy rainy weather…the occasional sunny day. Funny enough, I was born in Nigeria in the middle of May but I’m not that fond of the sun. Go figure.

What is your most challenging goal right now?
Similar to Esther’s, deciding exactly what I want to do. I love writing but I’m afraid if I become an editor for a magazine (my most likely choice), I can’t do photography for other ones, plus I also want to produce films, possibly work in PR. My definite industries are fashion, media &communications, but can barely narrow it down from there. Also, finding an agency before I turn 16 on May 12, time is flying and I haven't actually started searching

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She’s very funny; Esther’s got amazing style, taste and an equally incredible personality,. (and also my little cousin’s and my grandmother’s name :) Bloggers are the best!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?

London or SoHo, New York

What would you like to have in your hands right now?

A letter from Anna Wintour saying that she thinks I’d be an awesome addition to the Vogue family and should move to NYC instantly….a girl can dream, no?

What would you like to get rid of?

The SATs and other standardized tests, I ‘m a sophomore so I don’t have to take too many yet, but I could live without them. 3 inches off my waist wouldn’t hurt either, I’m so close to a size two and there’s a dress I’d like to wear for an upcoming wedding…

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?

Hmm…The Met or the New York Public Library… I love libraries and art museums!

Which language do you want to learn?

Yoruba (my native tongue that I’ve never learned to speak), French, Italian, [Brazilian] Portuguese and German so I can better understand Tokio Hotel

What did you dream of last night?

It was a virtually sleepless night, but I think I drifted away and my whole school came down with the stomach flu, we all suffered and recovered together. How’s that for school spirit?

Who do you want to meet in person?

The list is endless... Jesus Christ, probably Anna Wintour and Carine Roitfeld- generally all the editors of Vogue, Cory Kennedy- she has this effortless ‘cool’ I admire

What’s your favorite type of music?

That changes, it’s more like favorite artists…I like Tokio Hotel, Simple Plan, Lil Wayne, MIA, Bittersweet, Frank Sinatra, The Veronicas and from my childish days- Chris Brown and Rihanna. I’m always on the lookout for new music/artists since I can rarely make up my mind to what I really like

What’s the favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?

Grey skinny jeans and my black leather jacket, it was love at first wear…

What is your dream job?

Fashion editor, photographer, director, writer, possibly a model, PR

Any favorite photographers?

Definitely Newton and Penn, Demarchelier, Meisel and Testino are incredible. But as of recent I seriously adore Cameron Krone and James Mountford. Black and white is my obsession, and I’ve followed their work since reading about them on Pony Ryder

If you had £100 now what would you spend it on?

A day at Starbucks, my mum won’t let me have coffee anymore and subscriptions to British and French Vogue, Dazed and Confused

Fashion pet peeve?

Not dressing for your size…if it’s that small for you and you can’t figure out how to make it work (lol Tim Gunn moment), let it go

Do you admire anyone’s style?

Practically everyone on lookbook.nu  the style there is endless, Carine Roitfeld, Coco Rocha (the model-off-duty look is my fave.), Rihanna, Kate Moss, Zoe Kravitz, the Olsen Twins (sometimes), Rumi Neely from Fashion Toast, Pharell Williams (love skater boys!) there’s many more I just can’t think of at the moment

Describe your personal style

As you can see in the previous post, it changes with my mood. Some days I’m all emo-cool and wearing black, others when I’m lazy: a pair of frayed shorts, an oversized shirt or tank a la Alexander Wang, chunky heels or slouchy boots and thigh high socks, occasionally I get all ‘Devil Wears Prada’ and pretend like I just came straight out of the Sartorialist during fashion week… yeah. I can’t really choose one


Okay, here's the rules:

1. Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.

2. Tag eight other people.
I'm doing nine :)
My lovely victims: (cough) oops I mean the bloggers I'll tag:

La Couturier

Daphne
Kandace
Ida
Ryder
Hanna of Little Miss Dress Up
Rosanna of Little Miss Dress Up
Pretty Neons
Dawn

14 comments:

Daphne said...

hey! thank you! i´ll do it in spanish... is that ok?

than you so much!

kiss!

ryder said...

:) tnx love.
oh, im glad you started likeing james and cameron's work. great guys both of them.

Kandace said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll be sure to post all the answers soon. It's hard to try to think of good responses for all of them but you did great. The letter from Anna Wintour thing, a totally good idea :)

http://www.fashionismygirlfriend.com/

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

Thanks for tagging me, darling! I've actually be tagged already & did this =] Check it out =]

Bisous,
La C.

..... said...

funny answers

Couture Carrie said...

Love these tag answers and your collage. The musical ambitions are admirable!

xoxox,
CC

noone said...

cute answers!

Love + Cake said...

HAha, how fun :) I love this tag because people have such fun and unique answers!

xox, mavi

Jack Cullen said...

hey chocolate couture. nice blog. can we follow each others?

I keep a blog called The Jack of Hearts,and it's about pop music, fashion, television, art and general topical chit chat!

JC xx

Gia said...

hello dear, thanks for stopping by on my blog and site, it meant a lot to me!
you're definitely a fashion blogger:)
have fun and keep in touch!

xoxo,
GIA!

Emz said...

Oh this was fun to read!! Love the outfits you came up with in your earlier post!

She wants Faith said...

Bill Kaulitz off Hotel Tokio...Beautiful ur desktop picture!

Anonymous said...

Hey your website is cool
look at at that crazy emo video clip:
http://tinyurl.com/8lxnsg

Anonymous said...

Hi your website is cute
Check at that crazy emo video clip:
http://tinyurl.com/7wmqct